Digital Marketing Specialist, SEM
DIGITAL SPECIALIST, SEM
The digital specialist in SEM (search engine marketing) will be responsible for paid search, social, display and video ad campaigns across multiple platforms. This will require strategy, optimization and reporting for many types of digital media campaigns, including emerging new ad formats and native or in-app ads. In this role you will be a thought leader and a strategist, working on the Digital & Media Channels team to create measurable campaigns that hit client KPIs and demonstrate ROI. In addition, you will have a chance to impact the entire analytics and reporting practice of the agency, bringing together digital metrics across campaigns and sources like publisher display ads, email and social media.
• Curious learner
• Early adopter
• Smart listener
• Logical thinker
• Problem solver
• Knowledge and experience using Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console and Facebook Business Manager and other search marketing and analytics tools (Moz, SEM Rush, Keyword Planner, etc.).
• Ability to analyze data, leverage internal and external resources, conduct A/B tests and distill into recommendations optimized for ongoing campaign improvements.
• Certifications in Google Adwords, Google Analytics, other digital marketing certifications or accreditation are preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize workload and focus under deadlines.
• Additional experience that will help you stand out from the pack:
- Microsoft Excel
– moderate to expert user
- Experience working in project management, time tracking and billing systems
- Working knowledge of e-mail marketing best practices like open rates, click through rates, conversion optimization, writing strong CTAs and associated platforms (for ex. MailChimp, Constant Contact)
- Basic to advanced knowledge of marketing automation and CRM practices and platforms (for ex. Hubspot, Marketo, Sharpspring, Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Pardot)
• Creation and interpretation of analytics reports via Google Analytics and other analytics platforms; analyzing data to drive decisions and results
• Search engine marketing (SEM) or pay-per-click – especially Google Adwords and Bing
• Retargeting and remarketing strategies
• Email marketing planning and execution
• Social media marketing strategies, set up and integration into overall content marketing plan
• Planning, strategy and execution of paid media campaigns
• Researching, monitoring and optimization of keyword strategies
• Competitive analysis, ongoing reporting, analysis and optimization of client campaigns
• Ensuring account, campaign and ad group structures adhere to SEM best practices
• Working with cross-functional teams to write, implement and test creative and ad copy
• Experience with social ad platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
• Knowledge of website and landing page conversion best practices
• Identifying areas of improvement for process and/or technological efficiencies
• Educating self and team on latest trends, ad formats, bidding methodologies and processes related to ad ops technologies
• Proactively expanding and improving ad campaigns based on client business needs
• Discovering new opportunities for clients in digital marketing, including creating estimates, proposals and pitching new business
• Educating clients and teammates on best practices and new opportunities in digital marketing
• Assisting in the development of ongoing departmental strategies and processes
READY TO APPLY?
Email your resume and relevant work samples to email@example.com so we can learn your story and see if you’re destined to become a part of ours.
• Bachelor’s degree (marketing, business analytics, digital marketing, math or accountancy courses are all helpful as background for this role)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience specifically in paid search, or a similar position in an agency or corporate environment