Want a chance to learn from and work alongside some of the best creative thinkers in Iowa? Do you like awesome perks like company-paid healthcare, a fitness center, an occasional chair massage and FREE SNACKS? This job posting may hit the spot! Lessing-Flynn seeks a Project Manager to join our team and oversee multiple clients while collaborating with some of the most creatively twisted minds in the biz. Sound like a great fit? Then we’re eager to hear from you.
• Social media management, content development, and analytics/metrics
• Print production
• Time management and project scheduling
• Establish strong, deep, trusting relationships with client personnel
• Regularly check for and respond promptly to all client communications, including calls and emails
• Handle day-to-day activities for assigned clients
• Oversee execution of approved proposals
• Participate in planning meetings and contribute to the details of the plans
• Proofread copy, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs as requested; see that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to vendors
• Educate self and team members on client goals and strategies
• Ensure creative briefs are drafted and jobs are opened and clearly communicated across agency teams
• Work directly with Account Manager to develop estimates and timelines
• Establish relationships with vendors
• Check media schedules and submit content as needed
• Collect metrics across all platforms
• Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field
• Background and experience in manufacturing is a plus
• 1-4 years of experience serving in a marketing role
• A desire to continuously enhance knowledge and skills by researching industry news, attending association events and seminars
Still hungry? Submit the following we can learn your story and see if you’re destined to become a part of ours:
• Your Resume
• A video telling us why you would be a great fit for the position. The video should be approximately one minute in length and can be recorded very simply from your smartphone or the webcam on your computer. (Video files or a link to your video should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
DECADES OF ADVERTISING AGENCY EXPERIENCE
Lessing-Flynn was founded in 1907, some eight decades before Al Gore got around to inventing the Internet. At the time, America was struggling through a period of economic turmoil that would be forever remembered as The Panic of 1907. In other words, the perfect time for a young man by the name of Lessing to open up a marketing and advertising agency in Des Moines, Iowa, population 70,000 or so. Indeed, Paul Lessing was either a brilliant visionary who recognized an extraordinary opportunity … or he was completely crazy for thinking it wise to open the Lessing Advertising Company amidst all that panic and turmoil. None of us can say for certain, for none of us ever met Paul Lessing. But rumor has it he was a natural born storyteller with a blue-collar work ethic and a tight-fisted approach to business.
FOUR GENERATIONS OF MARKETING WIZARDS LATER
Today, four generations and over 100 years later, the world of marketing and advertising is much different than it must have been amidst all the mayhem of 1907. But Lessing-Flynn, in the spirit of its brilliant and/or crazy founder, continues to use powerful storytelling and savvy marketing strategies to help brands and entrepreneurs in agriculture, construction, financial, insurance, health services, tech and other industries grow their business. How does an ad agency hang around for more than 100 years? By embracing change. Lessing-Flynn was among the first ad agencies in Iowa to advertise on radio and television. Among the first to use computers and desktop publishing for graphic design. The first to use electronic mail (that’s what it was called back then). And one of the first to market products and services using social media channels like Twitter and Facebook—back when Facebook was still cool! For a century-old company, we still think of ourselves as quite the trendsetters.
WE DON’T SELL FANCY LIGHT BEERS OR $200 SHOES
Sure, it would be cool to work with some of those hotshot brands with bottomless budgets that sell fancy light beers and $200 pairs of shoes. But we’re lucky enough to work with some of the most entrepreneurial companies in the world. Our client list is filled with influential brands that deliver products and services that change industries. Many of their stories started with one person tinkering in a garage or shed, hoping to change the world. People with the courage to take smart risks—even at seemingly inopportune times. People like old Paul Lessing.