Do you use numbers to help make decisions? Do you like awesome perks like company-paid healthcare, a fitness center, an occasional chair massage and FREE SNACKS? This job posting may hit the spot! Lessing-Flynn is looking for a Media Specialist to join the Digital & Media Channels team and assist with all things paid media. The Media Specialist will assist the Media Strategist in day-to-day planning, organization and reporting across all clients. They will help traffic ads to our publisher partners and help to ensure seamless and on-time delivery of creative materials and corresponding results back to the team. Ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are deadline driven and have a strong attention to detail.
- Supports the Media Strategist as needed with any media planning, buying and research
- Establishes strong and trusting relationships with media reps and clients
- Checks, approves and aids in the development IO’s, media grids, media trackers and metrics reports
- Manages media materials grids
- Manages ad sending
- Manages media invoicing and reconciliation
- Requests monthly metrics and updates reports
- Gleans insights from metrics reports for optimization recommendation and implementation
- Assists in building media presentations and dashboards
- Assists in the management of client budgets
- Seeks out new media trends, placements, best practices, etc.
- Seeks out a continued partnership with potential ad serving, management or measuring companies
Still Hungry? Submit your resume and a cover letter.
DECADES OF ADVERTISING AGENCY EXPERIENCE
Lessing-Flynn was founded in 1907, some eight decades before Al Gore got around to inventing the Internet. At the time, America was struggling through a period of economic turmoil that would be forever remembered as The Panic of 1907. In other words, the perfect time for a young man by the name of Lessing to open up a marketing and advertising agency in Des Moines, Iowa, population 70,000 or so. Indeed, Paul Lessing was either a brilliant visionary who recognized an extraordinary opportunity … or he was completely crazy for thinking it wise to open the Lessing Advertising Company amidst all that panic and turmoil. None of us can say for certain, for none of us ever met Paul Lessing. But rumor has it he was a natural born storyteller with a blue-collar work ethic and a tight-fisted approach to business.
FOUR GENERATIONS OF MARKETING WIZARDS LATER
Today, four generations and over 100 years later, the world of marketing and advertising is much different than it must have been amidst all the mayhem of 1907. But Lessing-Flynn, in the spirit of its brilliant and/or crazy founder, continues to use powerful storytelling and savvy marketing strategies to help brands and entrepreneurs in agriculture, construction, financial, insurance, health services, tech and other industries grow their business. How does an ad agency hang around for more than 100 years? By embracing change. Lessing-Flynn was among the first ad agencies in Iowa to advertise on radio and television. Among the first to use computers and desktop publishing for graphic design. The first to use electronic mail (that’s what it was called back then). And one of the first to market products and services using social media channels like Twitter and Facebook—back when Facebook was still cool! For a century-old company, we still think of ourselves as quite the trendsetters.
WE DON’T SELL FANCY LIGHT BEERS OR $200 SHOES
Sure, it would be cool to work with some of those hotshot brands with bottomless budgets that sell fancy light beers and $200 pairs of shoes. But we’re lucky enough to work with some of the most entrepreneurial companies in the world. Our client list is filled with influential brands that deliver products and services that change industries. Many of their stories started with one person tinkering in a garage or shed, hoping to change the world. People with the courage to take smart risks—even at seemingly inopportune times. People like old Paul Lessing.
- Degree in advertising, communications, marketing, or related field.
- 1-3 years of marketing/agency experience
- Media planning and buying experience is a plus
- Excel & Google spreadsheets
- Media types and their function
- Media terminology and formulas
- Media planning
- Media buying
- Placement negotiation
- Placement optimization
- Team collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Using spreadsheets and media plan tracking tools
- Execution of ideas that drive client success
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize workload and focus under deadlines.
- Analyzing data to drive decisions and results
- Deadline driven
Additional experience that will help you stand out from the pack:
- Microsoft Excel and Google spreadsheets – moderate to expert user
- Experience working in project management, time tracking and billing systems
- Basic knowledge of digital metrics including email, Google Analytics, and YouTube In-Stream