Customized Newspaper Advertising (CNA) serves as a one-stop shop for national newspaper and digital planning and placement solutions. CNA facilitates multi-newspaper and digital media buys by providing current advertising rates, audience information, and demographic data in markets in a single state, regionally or nationally! CNA provides a one-buy, one-bill service from a qualified, experienced and customer-focused staff! CNA, is seeking an experienced Media Buyer to work closely with the sales department and advertising staff in processing advertising orders, estimates and scheduling information. The Media Buyer will have national industry contacts and an aggressive sales-like attitude to buy media for print, online and digital. The ideal candidate will work independently, work well under deadline and be self-motivated.
1. Generate newspaper cost estimates and orders for print, online and programmatic digital.
2. Coordinate with newspapers, other printed publications and media vendors throughout the United States and Canada in obtaining rate and general information for advertisers.
3. Serve as an information outlet to Outside and Inside Account Executives in securing publication information to match advertiser needs.
4. Responsible for coordinating, maintaining daily space, material and request deadlines.
5. Use Analytical skills in researching and reviewing information provided by newspapers and media vendors to ensure accuracy of applicable pricing and details.
6. Serve as the liaison to in-house advertising accounts and vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• One to two years of college or equivalent experience in advertising/marketing
• Between 2 to 3 years customer service experience
• Experience analyzing complex data, market research, and formulating actionable plans
• Must have good organizational skills; ability to prioritize/handle multiple tasks
• Must be detail oriented
• High-comfort level for math and excel spreadsheets
• Must have ability to work well in a team-based environment