Online Community Manager
Company: Apogee 9
Online Community Manager Applicants must be local to Des Moines, Iowa. No subcontracting. We are seeking an online Community Manager for a subscription based online community for professionals in a specific industry. The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day success of the online community. Ultimately, this role is about making best use of the online platform to recruit and drive engagement from the subscribed audience. The platform for this online community is similar to popular social media platforms in many ways. If you have experience managing social media accounts in a group setting, this will be a great position for you. This role is with in a creative agency that will support the community manger with content from editors, writers, graphics designers, and website development.
● Engaging with content. Commenting, voting, sharing and messaging about content to demonstrate to community members how to engage.
● Working with content teams to recruit internal and external content creators. Identifying the right people, convincing them to join, communicating the benefits and requirements, ultimately, leading to sign-ups.
● Handholding content creators. Welcoming them to the community, being in frequent contact with them to make them feel comfortable with actively and freely contributing to the community.
● Content planning. Working with stakeholders to come up with content ideas to be executed by the manager themselves and internal and external content creators. Ensuring the plan is executed to schedule. Developing the plan to keep content fresh and interesting, and in line with engagement metrics.
● Creating content. Frequently writing short descriptions of video content and repurposing content from internal and external sources, in line with the content plan and in response to user-generated content. Asking questions to stimulate discussion.
● Tracking and responding to metrics. Monitoring sign-up rates, page views, time on site and other metrics that indicate engagement (or lack of) to identify what content and activity leads to engagement. Communicating metrics to stakeholders.
● Content management & QA support. Reading contributed content to ensure compliance with the community policy, and carefully managing non-compliance. Ensuring questions submitted via the community are answered promptly.
● Ensuring fulfilment of duties. Monitoring content creators’ activity to ensure a suitable level of engagement / content creation and tackling reasons for low activity.
● Executing the social media plan, looking at best social networks to build footprints for the community beyond its own platform and to drive users back to the community itself.
● Marketing support. Working with Marketing on campaigns to drive engagement from community members of all types. Identifying ‘hot’ content for use in campaigns. Commissioning marketing campaigns to attract content creators and drive registrations.
● Subscription support. Working with subscribers to troubleshoot account access, payments and refunds.
● Sharing best practice. Advising groups on how to participate in the community.
● Working with Developer to help develop the community platform further as the needs and wants of the communities grow.
Community Manager Experience & Skills
● Community management or social media experience, highly active on social media networking and content creation
● Highly desirable: 2+ years’ publishing experience, either as an editor / journalist or marketer
● Highly literate, ideally with strong copywriting skills
● Highly organized, to juggle numerous tasks and stakeholders
● Sociable & authoritative, to feel comfortable with managing and motivating content contributors, speaking to them as peers
This position will start as an hourly paid position with expectations of working 20-30 hours a week and grow into a full-time position. An individual office space will be provided, yet the person is allowed to work from home up to 50% of the time. This is a casual clothing work environment and encourages staff to personalize their workspace to themselves. We will be able to share more about this creative agency during interviews with interested, qualified individuals.
Please apply for this position by sending your resume, links to your online portfolio/experience, and a brief email of why you would excel in a creative marketing agency. Andy@Apogee9.com