Web Content Manager
Company: Grand View University
The Web Content Manager will develop and manage content for the Grand View University website. Content can be written materials, photos, videos and interactive electronic tools. They will also create and manage University e-newsletters, admission emails and additional digital communications.
1. Write and implement content for University website.
2. Ensure that the sites are fresh, effective and up to date on a daily basis.
3. During significant revisions of either site, write and load content as needed.
4. Interact with students, faculty, staff and alumni to gather information and active support for the websites.
5. Work with videographer to conceptualize and create engaging video content for the websites.
6. Undertake ongoing analysis of the sites through Google Analytics, user testing and occasional surveys to determine effectiveness of the sites and recommend modifications.
7. Write and manage recruiting emails and other forms of electronic communication as needed.
8. In collaboration with Manager of Social Media and Public Relations, implement social media strategies for student recruiting, working with Admissions and others to create awareness for GV and appropriate interaction on a variety of social media platforms.
9. Work with the rest of the marketing team to share content and help develop marketing materials.
1. Superior writing skills.
2. Knowledge of web content management.
3. Some knowledge of HTML.
4. Marketing orientation; ability to write copy that sells and that is appropriate for the web and other electronic communications.
5. Experience with Google Analytics, user testing and use of survey data to determine effectiveness of electronic communications.
6. Management of recruiting emails and other forms of digital media.
7. Ability to learn the admissions process and take the initiative in keeping the website fresh and effective on a daily basis.
8. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Admissions and Marketing staff, as well as faculty and others on campus.
9. Bachelor's degree in marketing, English, journalism, communications or related field or demonstrated equivalent.
Typical hours for the position are 8:15 - 4:30 during the academic year and 8:00 - 4:00 during the summer. Interested candidates should apply via our online application process and include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Pre-employment background check required.