Strategic Communications Supervisor
Company: Two Rivers Marketing
Two Rivers Marketing is looking for an individual who loves ideating, planning and writing content for a variety of channels and end uses. The person in this role will be expected to become the resident expert on our client’s business, products, industries and key messages — ensuring that expertise is evident in all PR, blog and social media content we develop for the client. The ideal candidate would have incredibly strong writing skills, good working knowledge of social media channels, and demonstrated experience in successfully managing media relations/PR activities for a company or client.
Specific responsibilities would include:
• Serve as primary writer for any of the following: feature articles for trade magazines, press releases, expert Q&As, social media content, website content, blog posts, email content, ad copy, sales literature, video scripts and more.
• Lead media relations activities for a national B2B client, including management of day-to-day activities such as developing and sending story pitches, fulfilling media requests, planning/attending press events, coordinating interviews, and managing the client approval process for submitted content.
• Help lead, in collaboration with project managers and digital team members, the day-to-day execution of blog and social channel content.
• Research and pursue story leads and conduct interviews (often of a technical nature) with the client and their customers.
• Assist with strategic planning efforts
• Oversee the development of PR metrics reports and communicate findings to the team and to the client to inform decisions
• Provide direction and oversee the work of other contributing writers and PR coordinators, as needed.
• 7+ years of professional writing experience, preferably with 5+ years in public relations. Agency experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to excel with multiple types of writing – promotional, editorial, technical, social
• Media relations experience
• Excellent interviewing skills and experience with journalistic research
• Ability to manage multiple projects and efforts
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media management and best practices
• Experience and knowledge of SEO best practices is a plus
• Experience in editorial planning or content calendar management preferred
• Experience managing others is a plus
• Proven ability to engage and maintain relationships with client contacts
• Aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint