Social Media Specialist
Company: Two Rivers Marketing
The Social Media Specialist will manage and oversee client social media initiatives, ensuring all efforts meet defined channel strategies and best practices. High-level responsibilities include: Day-to-day management of client social media channels, including community management and reporting Serve as the voice of a brand on social media channels through ongoing publishing and moderation activities Plan and execute paid and organic social media initiatives Set up, manage, and optimize ad campaigns in social advertising platforms Stay up-to-date on social media trends and platform developments and share findings with internal teams Work with team to continually assess and improve the types and levels of social media marketing services the agency provides
• Collaborate with digital strategist(s) and other key team members to support strategic planning efforts, including the development of annual plans and integrated campaigns. Share strategic recommendations with the internal team and client on an ongoing basis.
• Assist internal teams with determining budget and scope for social media projects. Collaborate with internal team members to develop a social media content calendar. Ensure social media content aligns with channel objectives and strategies, brand voice and tone, and social media best practices.
• Collaborate with the media department on paid social media campaigns, including campaign planning, budget and management; target audience development; and ad development. Set up and manage ad campaigns in social advertising platforms. Optimize campaigns as necessary to ensure channel and campaign objectives are met.
• Moderate client channels and ensure interactions are acknowledged and addressed in a timely fashion. Maintain internal processes and protocols related to community management and issue resolution. Develop responses to questions, comments, and issues, ensuring all responses use the appropriate brand voice and tone.
• Execute social media landscape audits. Support tracking of competitors’ social media channels and strategies.
• Manage social media reporting efforts for client channels and campaigns, ensuring accurate data and actionable insights are delivered to both internal and client teams to continually optimize performance. Share high-level trends with internal team.
• Contribute to client status calls and maintain day-to-day communication with client contacts.
• Evaluate applicable social media trends, new platform features, and other potential opportunities, and make recommendations for how the client can implement.
• Serve as an agency subject matter expert, resource, and thought leader on social media topics, including paid and organic social media best practices and trends. Support agency digital marketing efforts as needed, including contributing to agency social media channels, the agency blog, and new business efforts.
• Acquire and maintain relevant social media certifications, attend webinars, read industry blogs, and follow digital thought leaders to stay on top of the ever-evolving social media landscape.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be proactive and solution-oriented
• Strong problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with a sense of urgency
• Ability to think critically and provide strategic recommendations based on social media best practices and trends
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Passionate about social media, technology, and digital marketing
• College degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of agency or marketing-related field experience
• Minimum of 2 years of professional social media experience
• Minimum of 2 years of social media reporting experience