Strategic Communications Specialist
Company: Two Rivers Marketing
Two Rivers Marketing is looking for a strategic communications specialist to lead the media relations and content creation efforts for our animal health, animal nutrition and ag equipment clients. This position is responsible for day-to-day project execution for strategic communications efforts with direction from a PR Director, Manager, or Supervisor — specializing in one or more areas of strategic communications. The individual needs to have experience in media relations strategy development, media outreach, social media, internal communications, content marketing and strategy, channel communications, as well as assisting with the newsletter, blog, feature articles and direct marketing campaign content creation and other PR-related efforts.
This individual may also be a primary or secondary client contact, depending on work scope and experience level; in some cases, serve as a primary or secondary day-to-day contact for media relations activity; help oversee evaluation/measurement efforts; help manage special projects and events related to PR activity; help manage others on the team (usually PR Coordinators), and may provide content development and writing support and/or help oversee others in this capacity.
• Serve as a primary strategic communications team member to plan and execute any number of specialty areas, and to provide administrative functions for those areas as well
• Manage measurement/evaluation and reporting
• Work with methods and practices that will lead to effective PR project results
• Assist with regular administrative reporting for the account and its PR areas
• Conduct industry and competitive research and analysis as needed
• 3+ years of media relations and content creation experience, a background in agriculture is strongly preferred.
• Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, business, or related field is preferred
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional writing skills, including interviewing sources
• Aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience in social media is preferred