Digital Analytics Product Manager
Company: Freeman Company
The Digital Analytics Product Manager will partner closely with the Director of Digital Product Management and will focus on overseeing Freeman’s overall digital product analytics functions. This role will have the opportunity to work on impactful projects which will include both business strategy and product implementation. The Digital Analytics Product Manager’s responsibilities may encompass anything from working on responsive website, mobile web, Microsoft Power Business Intelligence and user experience. In addition, this role will also oversee our customer facing digital applications analytics needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs at a high level of visibility within the organization and with clients
• Drives to excellence by combining strategy and data-design practices into a Freeman discipline that enhances the rigor, insights, and learning that are the foundation of the enterprise as a design-thinking organization
• Allows the Company to access an untapped opportunity to leverage the exhibition and live experience medium into a highly valuable, data-driven, and engaging platform
• Manages Google Analytics as well as works with development teams that support data connectivity and data visualization dashboards
• Partners with various business and technical resources to execute and deliver on projects, on time and within budget
• Identifies and defines product vision along with meaningful product goals, objectives, and KPI’s for digital products and services
• Engages clients in defining new metrics of success that unlock greater value from investing in the live and virtual medium
• Establishes strong relationships with third party partnerships, and leads the research and selection of preferred partners by completing partner selection analysis, contract negotiation, and contract management
• Actively involved in application development daily stand-ups, user story grooming, release planning, release milestones, release acceptance testing, and sustains gathering feedback from users
• Provides ongoing tracking and analysis of external customer needs; helps prioritize those needs into specific minimum viable products, minimum viable features, and Agile user stories
• Monitors and tracks market trends regarding current features and future digital product innovations
• Maintains an understanding of the economics of Freeman products and services to maximize profitability
• Owns relationships with key customers, preferred partners, product stakeholders, and cross-functional teams including application development, sales, sales support, operations, marketing, and legal to maximize opportunities and drive growth
• Works closely with various stakeholders to understand their data and analytics needs, both for current state and future enhancements
• Proactively problem solves and recommends options to ensure success of projects
• Assists in product prioritization and enhancement backlog grooming Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience in product management
• Four (4) or more years of experience performing similar duties
• Demonstrated record of digital project execution from conception thru implementation
• Knowledge of the agile project management process
• Understanding of digital analytics concepts and technologies About Us We are a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers.
Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.