Director – Digital Support & Implementation
Company: Freeman Company
The Director – Digital Support & Implementation leads the Digital Customer Success Implementation and Tier One Support teams. These teams are responsible for the direct support of customers and end users of Digital Products with a strong focus on Freeman’s Virtual Offering. Critical to the role is the ability to create processes from scratch and iterate quickly in an extremely fast paced environment. The role needs to be able to rapidly adjust resourcing based on demand leading a blend of full time and contract resources managing at times over 20+ team members.
The Director – Digital Support & Implementation is responsible for driving service standards in a scalable manner across multiple Digital products for hundreds of Digital events per year. The role will drive processes, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), and resources necessary to meet our customers’ technical needs as part of the live and virtual event life cycle.
The Director – Digital Support & Implementation sets best in class service level agreements (SLA’s) and schedules to maintain consistent service levels. This position partners closely with Customer Success Producers & Project Managers, Tier Two Support team members, Product Managers, Channel Sales and Growth teams to ensure service excellence which maintains customer satisfaction and grows Digital product adoption.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads a dynamic team of Digital Support & Implementation managers and a mix of full time and contract resources through dedication to employee growth, development and coaching
- Responsible for the employee hiring, training, and onboarding as well as overseeing management of personnel resources including schedules, capacity planning, and work assignments
- Sets expectations for world class service in product implementation through the creation and maintenance of team resources including: SOP’s, software tools, process documentation, quality monitoring and customer facing collateral
- Sets SLA’s for service excellence in end user support through support channel strategy including: SOP’s, customer engagement tools, process documentation, quality monitoring and self-service tools
- Creates and delivers end user training for Digital products via various channels
- Oversees management of Digital product support mailboxes and designs other support channels from scratch, ensuring service levels are met and exceeded
- Maintains deep technical knowledge of Digital product offerings and related development roadmaps
- Develops and manages internal processes for collecting and sharing meaningful customer feedback at a regular cadence with the broader Digital Leadership team
- Resolves customer issues as escalation point for technical and troubleshooting needs relevant to product configuration
- Designs and communicates cross-functional strategies for triage and service recovery as necessary
- Serves as the end user subject matter expert to partner with Product development teams
- Creates and oversees processes for testing of technical enhancements to Digital products in conjunction with Product teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of related experience including customer support and service experience, preferably in a Customer Success role
- Five (5) or more years of experience in leading supervisors of teams as well as scaling teams to support extreme growth in demand
- Five (5) or more years proven experience in technical consulting, preferably in Enterprise software solutions
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the event industry is preferred
- Experience with project management, CRM, KSP or other collaborative tools is required, experience with Microsoft Azure and SharePoint is a plus
- Understanding of financial principles, technical business awareness, budget, and resource management experience is required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Travel Requirements
We are a global company of thinkers, designers, and doers. Freeman partners with our clients to build a connection with their customers by creating brand experiences that are seamless, innovative, and immersive. From strategy, creative, and digital to logistics and event technology, our teams place the client at the center, helping them connect to people in meaningful and personal ways. What makes us unique is our collaborative culture, intuitive knowledge, global perspective, and personalized approach developed from our 90-year legacy as an industry leader. Freeman connects people to a universe of opportunities that create a spark, build understanding, and inspire action.
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.