Web Content Manager
Company: Grand View University
Grand View University aspires to serve a diverse community of learners- students, faculty, and staff- in an inclusive and equitable environment with the goal of empowering all to achieve their fullest potential. Our objective is to sustain a campus environment that is free from the power imbalances and institutional biases that contribute to systems of oppression, while preparing our students to stand against those inequities when they leave Grand View. Grand View University is dedicated to the goal of an inclusive campus where people of diverse identities feel welcomed and empowered to shape our culture and processes.
At Grand View University we view diversity through the collective or group and we welcome and affirm the thoughts and experiences each distinct member brings to our community of learners. To learn more about Grand View’s commitment to diversity, and to read our entire Diversity Statement, click on this link: https://www.grandview.edu/about/diversity
General Purpose of Job
Develop and manage content for University website. Content can be written materials, photos, videos and interactive electronic tools. Create and manage University e-newsletters, admission emails and additional digital communications.
1. Write and implement content for University website.
2. Ensure that the sites are fresh, effective and up to date on a daily basis.
3. During significant revisions of either site, write and load content as needed.
4. Interact with students, faculty, staff and alumni to gather information and active support for the websites.
5. Work with videographer to conceptualize and create engaging video content for the websites.
6. Undertake ongoing analysis of the sites through Google Analytics, user testing and occasional surveys to determine effectiveness of the sites and recommend modifications.
7. Write and manage recruiting emails and other forms of electronic communication as needed.
8. In collaboration with Manager of Social Media and Public Relations, implement social media strategies for student recruiting, working with Admissions and others to create awareness for GV and appropriate interaction on a variety of social media platforms.
9. Work with the rest of the marketing team to share content and help develop marketing materials.
1. Superior writing skills.
2. Knowledge of web content management.
3. Some knowledge of HTML.
4. Marketing orientation; ability to write copy that sells and that is appropriate for the web and other electronic communications.
5. Experience with Google Analytics, user testing and use of survey data to determine effectiveness of electronic communications.
6. Management of recruiting emails and other forms of digital media.
7. Ability to learn the admissions process and take the initiative in keeping the website fresh and effective on a daily basis.
8. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with Admissions and Marketing staff, as well as faculty and others on campus.
9. Bachelor's degree in marketing, English, journalism, communications or related field or demonstrated equivalent.
All applicants must apply through our online application system.
Grand View University is an equal opportunity employer. The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and, in that spirit, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates, including women, members of minority groups, and people with disabilities. A pre-employment background check is required.