Social Media Specialist
About the job
Social Media Specialist FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Marketing/Communications Revision Date: 4/2021
Seeking a dynamic social media expert to plan and execute organic and paid social media efforts, across multiple channels. This individual would also be a lead on maintaining social media management systems and paid ads. Ideal candidates possess the ability to think fast and react with good judgement with alignment to the Hy-Vee brand.
Accountable and Reports to: Director, Social Media & Content
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Plans and publishes social media based on data and company objectives
- Translates business needs into content calendar, paid social media, and defines reporting on social media performance
- Implements paid social media campaigns across all applicable channels with internal and external partners
- Innovates new and creative ways to express social media performance with current and evolving media channels.
- Enforces brand standards set forth by CMO/VP Brand Image Marketing in all social and digital marketing.
- Maintains and augments Sprinklr environment to align with company goals.
- Collaborates with internal, external, community or influencer marketers on digital marketing tactics. Executes to expectation and guides projects through completion.
- Presents on and guides internal and external marketing teams through best social/digital practices.
- Advises and develops best practices for social media at corporate and local level.
- Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
Secondary Duties And Responsibilities
- Helps maintain social media campaigns and day-to-day activities, including broadcasting and calendar maintenance.
- Prepare various reports as assigned.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education And Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
3-5 Years Previous Related Work Experience Preferred.
Deep understanding of Facebook Ads Manager and other paid social media tools.
as system admin on Sprinklr or other social media management system.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects as well as perform sedentary work
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities And Worker Characteristics
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with other people in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
- Ability to interact with advanced computer systems, including schedule management and presentation production applications, as well as job-specific programs
The duties for this position are conducted in a general office environment. There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
Equipment Used To Perform Job
Mobile phone/tablet, PC/Apple with Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics, Sprinklr and other related software, calculator, telephone, copier, printer
Has frequent contact with suppliers/vendors, media contacts, athletes, event staff/volunteers, store personnel and marketing coordinators.
Has access to confidential information including knowledge of advertising rates, pricing information, and store sales.
- Food & Beverages
- Public Relations